Michael P. Shea
Mike Shea is a native of Tampa and a graduate of Florida State University with a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance. After a brief career in the banking industry, Mike accepted an advisor position at SGP Advisors Group. At the time, SGP Advisors Group consisted of two partners and no employees operating only in Florida. He became responsible for the firm’s geographic expansion and quickly grew its client base nationally. In 2008, Mike became Sales Manager of SGP Advisors Group overseeing and managing all the advisors in the firm and accelerated the firms expansion of clientele and revenue.
Following a complete management buyout in 2012, Mike became majority owner and President/CEO of SGP Advisors Group. As the leader of the firm, he oversees all sales operations, manages the firm’s team of advisors and works closely with the firm’s COO on a day-to-day basis. In addition to these duties, he continues to focus on production and manages the relationships of some of the firms largest clients, as well as, identifying continued growth opportunities for the firm.
Mike has been involved in numerous non-profit and philanthropic organizations both personally and through SGP Advisors. He is also an avid supporter of Florida State University- College of Business:
- Tampa Metropolitan YMCA Urban Board Member
- Tampa Metropolitan YMCA Finance Committee Member
- Tampa Economic Development Council Board Member
- SouthState Bank Tampa Bay Advisory Board Member
- Florida State University Executive Council-Risk Management and insurance Program
- Junior Achievement of Tampa Bay Board Member
- Hillsborough Education Foundation-Teaching Tools Committee Member
- First Tee of Tampa Bay Advisory Board Member
During his free time, Mike enjoys spending time with his wife Leila and their two sons, Reilly and Braden as well as, traveling, running marathons and playing golf on occasion.